Prosciutto French Toast Sandwiches
- 15 min
- 20 min
- 4 large eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) Neilson milk
- To taste salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Neilson unsalted butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 80 g (2/3 cup) Saputo Bella Lodi cheese, grated
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 240 g (2 cups) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, grated
- Sufficient quantity Neilson unsalted butter
- Sufficient quantity maple syrup
- In bowl, beat the eggs, milk and salt.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt 5 ml (1 tsp) of butter.
- Dip both sides of a bread slice in the egg mixture. Fry 2 slices at a time, 1 minute per side, until lightly golden. Repeat with remaining bread, adding butter as needed.
- Assemble sandwiches as follows: 1 slice of bread, 1/4 of the Bella Lodi, 2 folded prosciutto slices, 1/4 of the Mozzarellissima cheese, another slice of bread.
- Fry the sandwiches in the remaining butter for another 2 minutes per side until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden.
- Serve with a knob of butter and drizzle with maple syrup.