Mango and Mozzafina Salad
- 20 min
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Neilson sour cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 400 g (2 pouches) Bari Mozzafina di latte cheese, drained
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 cm (1/4") slices
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 cm (1/4") slices
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into 1/2 cm (1/4") slices
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 5 ml / 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed (optional)
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the citrus juices, garlic, salt, sugar and sour cream. Continue whisking as you drizzle in the olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut each piece of MozzaFina cheese into 6 or 7 slices.
- On a large serving platter, arrange alternating layers of cheese, mango, red pepper and cucumber. At this point, the salad and dressing may be covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours.
- To serve, drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with the chopped mint leaves, cumin (if using) and black pepper.