Doughnut White Hot Chocolate
- 30 MIN
- 40 MIN
- 875 mL (3 1/2 cups) of Neilson milk
- 500 mL (2 cups) of mini glazed doughnuts, roughly chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 - 5 oz. good quality white chocolate, chopped into small pieces (use 5 oz if you like your hot chocolate sweeter)
- Whipped cream and sprinkles for topping
- Roughly chop up mini doughnuts and let doughnuts steep in milk for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, strain the milk into a bowl ensuring no doughnut chunks get into milk. Using the back of a spoon, lightly press the doughnuts to make sure all the milk is in the bowl. You will have about 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- In a medium sized saucepan over a low-medium heat, stir together doughnut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and chopped white chocolate. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the white-hot chocolate comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
A recipe created by our foodie influencer @constellationinspiration