Cottage Cheese Spread
- 15 min
- 250 g (1 container) Neilson Cottage Cheese
- 5 mL (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) red pepper flakes
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) lime juice, freshly pressed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 mL (1 tsp) garlic, finely chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) canned black beans, rinsed
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) canned corn kernels, drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, blend the cottage cheese until creamy. Transfer the cheese to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Serve with raw veggies, pita bread or crackers.