- 15 min
- 10 min
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 200 g (7 oz) ground chicken or turkey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 200 g (2 cups) Savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, in 1 cm (1/2 in) dice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chicken or vegetable stock
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
- To taste lime juice, freshly squeezed
- To taste salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 20 cm (8 in) whole wheat soft tortillas
- 8 slices Saputo Monterey Jack cheese
- To taste, Neilson sour cream
- To taste, mild salsa and/or tomatillo sauce
- To taste, hot sauce
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add ground meat and cook, stirring continuously, until no longer pink. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, tomatoes with their juices, and stock. Simmer over medium heat until liquid has evaporated. Add beans and cook 1 minute more. Remove from stove. Add oregano and lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 4 tortillas on a large work surface. Place 2 slices of monterey jack cheese in the center of each tortilla. Spoon an equal amount of the meat and vegetable mixture over the cheese on each tortilla. Roll up to make burritos.
- Microwave burritos one at a time at high power for 45 seconds.
- Cut burritos in half and serve with condiments.
Can you imagine getting your kids to each cabbage and beans in the same dish? Double the recipe and freeze half for a quick week-end lunch. And feel free to add some white beans left over from a vegetable soup.
- 15 min
- 5 min
Grilled Crab and Cheese Sandwiches
- 15 min
- 20 min
Prosciutto French Toast Sandwiches
- 20 min (+ 1 hour refrigeration)
- 1 h 10 min