Butterscotch Salted Caramel
- 5 min
- 15 min
- 250 mL
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) water
- 225 g (1 cup) sugar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) colourless corn syrup
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) scotch whisky
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Neilson 35% cream, hot
- 56 g (1/4 cup) Neilson unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, corn syrup and scotch to a boil until the mixture turns an amber colour. Remove from the heat and gradually add the cream. Be careful of splashes.
- Bring to a boil for a second time, until the mixture is smooth. Stir gradually while adding the butter and the sea salt until the butter melts. Pour into glass jars and let the caramel cool down at room temperature. Can be stored covered for two weeks at room temperature or 1 month refrigerated.
- You can enjoy the caramel on toasted bread, with yogurt, on ice cream, with a piece of cake, on doughnuts or just right off the spoon!