Baked Potatoes Stuffed with Shrimp and Cheese
- 20 min (+ 1 hour refrigeration)
- 1 h 10 min
- 4 Idaho potatoes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Neilson salted butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) flour
- 250 ml (8 oz) clam juice, heated
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Neilson 35 % cream, heated
- To taste salt and freshly ground pepper
- 150 g (5 oz) Kingsey cheese curds
- 150 g (5 oz) small shrimp
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Wash the potatoes, prick with a fork and bake for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add the clam juice and cream and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer over medium-low heat for 4 minutes or until the sauce coats the spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, remove a slice from the top of each one and gently scoop out the flesh of 2 of them in chunks (do not mash), taking care not to damage the skins. Add the potato chunks to the sauce. Scoop out the flesh of the other 2 potatoes and keep for another use.
- Set aside 125 ml (1/2 cup) of the cheese and add the remainder to the saucepan. Set aside 20 shrimp for the garnish and add the rest to the ingredients in the saucepan. Stir very gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the potato skins with the mixture, garnish with the remaining cheese and shrimp, and finish with a sprinkle of dill.Serve immediately with a green salad.
It's a good idea to rinse and dry the shrimp on paper towels before using. When lobster is in season, use bits of lobster meat instead of shrimp.